Here are 12 TV Commercials I authored or co-authored during my 20+ years with Leo Burnett.
I had several wonderful writing partners over the years, and worked with some very talented producers, directors, editors and music houses, but it is fair to say that I was responsible for the idea for each spot, which in turn generated the contributions of many creative people; I ultimately took the credit—or the blame—for the final product.
The Kraft/7 Seas commercial was the subject of a lengthy article written by David Elsner of the Wall Street Journal, which appeared on the cover—and a full 1/3 of the total content—of the Sunday Chicago Tribune Magazine.
"Her Day," was the subject of numerous articles in advertising journals regarding its portrayal of a working woman and her relationship with her child. It was featured in the Smithsonian Institute's Exhibit on "Women In The 20th Century" and is in their permanent collection.
Here are the spots, in order:
- Walt Disney World, "Good Excuse" :30TV
- 7Up, "Rain Drop Bop" :30TV
- United Airlines, "Pitcher" :15TV
- Hallmark Cards, "Romance" :30TV
- Kraft/7Seas, "Strong Language" :30TV
- United Airlines, "Don't Miss It" :30TV
- P&G/Zest/France, "Le Rythme Dans La Peau :30TV
- United Airlines, "Her Day" :60TV
- United Airlines, "Batter" :15TV
- Walt Disney World, "Mr. and Mrs. Johnson :30TV
- United Airlines/France, "Boeuf Bourguignon - The Kiss" :30TV
- Hallmark/Hall of Fame, "Paper" :60TV